Friday, December 5, 2008

All I want for Xmas

As an Atheist, X-mas [which I'm perfectly happy to call Xmas - since I have no problem in {said with whiney Christian voice} "taking the Christ out of Christmas"] has little meaning to me. It stopped being fun a long time ago, when I stopped getting any more than one or two feeble presents. I still give stuff to people - mainly family - but the old adage " 'tis better to give than receive" really is just BS. Everyone loves to get stuff. My family has a gift exchange program whereby each 'family unit' gives to another. My sister in Arizona and her husband have my name and when I was out there for Thanksgiving they asked me what I wanted. I couldn't think of anything to tell them [maybe that's the reason I never get anything good.] I can think of a lot of things that would be nice to have, but I wouldn't ask them for because they're too expensive [i.e. - HDTV, HD Video Camera, etc.] but I don't really NEED those things, either. I'm perfectly fine living my life without them. The ONE thing I really WANT, though, no one can really 'give' me. I want a boyfriend. Despite all the stuff I do to stay busy, most of it just serves to keep me busy, and quench only a small portion of my desire to associate with people. There's still that big part of me that really wants to love someone. But I'm too picky, I know. I want someone I find attractive [rare] and someone who values fitness and works out on a regular basis [almost non-existant among gay guys.] So yea... I never get what I want for Xmas, so it doesn't really matter what material stuff I ask for.

No comments: